F.G. Soap – For dirty mouths and clean bodies. Find these soaps made by Patrick Shea at F.G. Soaps: Ginger and Lime, Spearmint and Peppermint, Lavender and Lemongrass, Unscented Oatmeal, Cinnamon and Clove, Eucalyptus, Bergamot Patchouli and Cederwood.
Patrick’s soap making story: My soap journey began lo some 20 years ago when I helped my brother and his girlfriend sell their soap at a small farmers market in Montana. Their inspiration for starting a soap company came from the movie Fight Club. My 10 year old self was not very impressed that they were using organic vegetable oils rather than human fat for their product but nonetheless it was pretty good stuff. Eventually their relationship ended and with the dissolution of their soap business I was poised to take over. All of 12 years old and running my own company. My hook was a sheet of snarky FAQs hanging on the front of my table at the market. If memory serves me correctly it went something like:
Yes I made the soap by myself.
No, my mom doesn’t help me.
Yes, it’s really, actually soap.
It worked too. People were drawn in by the wit of this pudgy entrepreneurial youngster and maybe their first purchase was one of pity. But customers kept coming back because the product I was making was that of actual quality. A good lesson to learn at that early stage. Business was going well…for awhile. Until one fateful day in 8th grade science. My science project to share with the class was, of course, soap and the saponification process. There was a girl in my class, let’s call her Murphy Ramirez. She was a real alpha and mean in only the way 8th grade girls can be mean. When I was done with my presentation, she leaned over to me and said “Hi, my name is Patrick Shea and I’m a fag because I make soap.” Completely devastated but not to be outdone, I snapped back “Hi, I’m Murphy Ramirez and I’ll be pregnant at 16.” Thus my soap making days came to an end. If it was soap that gave me away that easily, soap had to go… We were both wrong by the way. She would get pregnant much sooner than 16 and I’m not a fag because I make soap, I’m a fag because I like dudes. I’ve found nothing in the soap making process to be inherently homosexual…yet.
Fast forward nearly 2 decades. 6ft tall, devastatingly handsome, and no longer concerned if making soap is gay, I got the itch to start again. I had to start completely from scratch. I could barely remember anything about my original recipe other than the combination of oils. After several humorously failed attempts (lopsided, too short, abstract sculpture art?) I finally arrived at a decent bar and began giving it away to friends. My original intention was just to give myself a fun hobby and have built-in Christmas presents for my family. However, I started to get a common feedback: “You should sell this, it’s really good.” So, here we are. Like a phoenix from the ashes my soap empire rises again. Eat shit Murphy Ramirez 🙂
More Listings And Content:
- 26 Days Until Courtesy Mentions Magazine Issue #2 December 8, 2018 5:09 AMHappy holidays from The Junkyard! This is your notice that there are 26 days left before our Issue #2 of Courtesy Mentions Magazine is posted. It will contain our VIP directory listings, featured blogs, featured businesses across the United States, our brand new Wikipedia Index – our index of the best free knowledge available to … Continue reading 26 Days Until Courtesy Mentions Magazine Issue #2
- Go Fishing With Brent Chapman November 24, 2018 4:20 AMBrent Chapman is a professional tournament bass fisherman based out of Lake Quivira, Kansas. Brent fishes at the highest level of bass fishing in the world including the Bassmaster Elite Series and Major League Fishing. Brent won the 2012 Elite Series Angler of the Year, which most anglers consider the toughest and most prestigious title … Continue reading Go Fishing With Brent Chapman
- A Few Blogs That Will Appear In Issue 2 Of Our Courtesy Mentions Magazine In January 2019 November 2, 2018 11:58 PMWe are revealing two things in this blog post. First there is our cover that you see for issue 2 of our Courtesy Mentions Magazine, and we’ve got a nice list of blogs for you to check out. We are hard at work to make our 2nd issue of Courtesy Mentions Magazine our best and … Continue reading A Few Blogs That Will Appear In Issue 2 Of Our Courtesy Mentions Magazine In January 2019
- Birds & Feathers PC Wallpaper #1 – Bald Eagle – 1366 X 768 November 1, 2018 3:02 AMThis is our very first FREE PC/Laptop wallpaper we’ve created for your use. We used this beautiful photo of a bald eagle that was taken by Robert Zurfluh from Unsplash, and is sized for computer screens with a resolution of 1366 X 768. We hope you enjoy it on your computer’s desktop. Click Here To … Continue reading Birds & Feathers PC Wallpaper #1 – Bald Eagle – 1366 X 768
- Abstractly Chic Shawl Crochet-Along October 24, 2018 5:24 AMFree crochet pattern from Red Heart. This fun shawl is as free-spirited as you desire! Do it in highly contrasting colors as shown, or use a more ombré or neutral palette. You’ll have a chance to crochet interesting stitches as you learn along with Marly Bird. You’ll find all the supplies you’ll need to make … Continue reading Abstractly Chic Shawl Crochet-Along
- Go Fishing With Brent Chapman October 24, 2018 3:18 AMBrent Chapman is a professional tournament bass fisherman based out of Lake Quivira, Kansas. Brent fishes at the highest level of bass fishing in the world including the Bassmaster Elite Series and Major League Fishing. Brent won the 2012 Elite Series Angler of the Year, which most anglers consider the toughest and most prestigious title … Continue reading Go Fishing With Brent Chapman
- Our Viewers Are Looking For You At The Junkyard! October 5, 2018 11:12 PMSerious about your blog or business website, but you’re just not getting as many visitors or customers as you’de like to? Get listed in our directory. We are The Junkyard Blogs & Business Directory at http://www.jybdir.com and we are here to help bloggers connect with more readers, and business owners to boost sales with new … Continue reading Our Viewers Are Looking For You At The Junkyard!
- Bloggers & Business Owners Get Listed And Get Promoted October 3, 2018 7:25 PMBoost your visibility at The Junkyard! Do you want to drive new traffic to your blog or business website? Are you looking for national promotion across the entire United States? Save some of your advertising expense and let us do the work for you. We are The Junkyard Blogs & Business Directory and we are … Continue reading Bloggers & Business Owners Get Listed And Get Promoted
- Photography Blogs From Professional Bloggers Across America October 1, 2018 2:54 AMListed below are blogs from professional and semi-professional photographers in the United States. Living In South Central Kansas Living In South Central Kansas – Photography by John Peterson. John writes, “I am a photographer living in a Small Town in South Central Kansas. I photograph interesting places, People, and Things. My main interest is old … Continue reading Photography Blogs From Professional Bloggers Across America
- Living In South Central Kansas September 29, 2018 6:40 PMLiving In South Central Kansas – Photography by John Peterson. John writes, “I am a photographer living in a Small Town in South Central Kansas. I photograph interesting places, People, and Things. My main interest is old buildings and barns, and photographing the beauty of the Kansas Flint Hills. Description from John’s blog: “Blog About … Continue reading Living In South Central Kansas
If you would like to syndicate our content on your own website, here is the RSS feed you need. It will display the content links that you see above.
Get listed at Junkyard Blogs Directory today:
Would you like more visitors to your blog or website? Get listed with us today at the Junkyard Blogs & Business Directory so you can be discovered by our readers, and also get periodic mentions in our newsletters. Whether it’s a personal blog about your hobbies, or a blog you maintain about your business, we welcome you to join our directory for a low, one time fee today.